Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baptism day. Yay!!

So only slightly late, about 2 months really, Spencer was baptized. It was a little sad because we were so far away from family, but we had a sundae bar set up in the kitchen afterwards, and I think Spencer was happy. Spencer was getting pretty excited as we got closer to the date, and I made sure to have everything ready. Dinner on time, church clothes ready, all the bags we needed to take out the door. So I'm feeling pretty ready! We get there, and everything is locked up. My friend had just asked me the day before if I needed a key, and I said no, because there was a baptism before us so everything would be ready. Well, the font was filled. But it was locked. And so were the clothes. Dang it! I thought I was so prepared! So we had a whole room of people waiting, but lovely Bro. Fuller did play prelude music so it wasn't so bad. We did get it all together, the baptism commenced, and it was nice. And all the kids literally ran down the hall to the ice cream. I had only half the stuff out, so of course they all came back for seconds and thirds to get what they missed out on before. So Spence was pretty happy, despite his parents keeping him so far away from our real home with all our family where he never said he wanted to leave (he still tells us when he grows up he's moving to WA, with or without us!).

So I just want to say after that rambling post how very, very proud I am of Spencer and the many good choices he has made, and his decision to get baptized. And how much I love my really awesome husband for being such a good dad and always striving to be worthy of the priesthood that is ever present in our home because of him. He's the best!



0 comments: