Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The New Van

As you can see below, it's a beast! But I am beginning to love it! It is actually easier to drive than I thought it would be, although I was terrified to try. But as big as it is, it is easier than the truck.

AND, there is so much space! There is no longer any "He won't quit touching me! She won't let me look out the window! He is squishing me!" As you can see, not only is there as seat belt for everybody, they all have space between them. And room for friends, which is great since Emily's friend Grace has asked if she could come to church with us every week, and it sounds as if her brother who is in high school will be coming on occasion as well. Our youth will be so excited!

One of my other favorite features about this van is it is a bi-fuel vehicle. Thats right, it runs on Compressed Natural Gas. It costs $1.59 an equivalent gallon, and I DO NOT lose gas mileage! I AM SO EXCITED!!! You have to admit, I now have the best of both worlds! Unless I live in California, WA DC or Utah, the stations are hard to find, but there is one in St Louis, so I am covered. And when I move, they sell tanks that you hook up to your natural gas line in your garage. Thats right. A gas station in your garage. And since the tank isn't huge, it also runs on gasoline, so I never have to worry about running out of gas. And that tank IS huge! We spent a month and a half looking for a van, had to travel to go get it, took us 4 hrs to get it home and only half a tank. See, the more I tell you about it, the more in love I become!

And on a side note, aren't my children beautiful? Look at that DJ, is he not the most handsome 12 yr old boy you have ever seen?



1 comments:

Unknown said...

JIll! I am so sad to have missed hanging out with you more while you were here. We were planning on coming up however...we got sick. and we have been sick continually until this week. NO FUN! and it wasnt all of us all at once...no it was off and on and off and on again. anyhow...love the space in that van! so cool!