Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodbye Molly, Hello George!




 Alas, poor Molly, we loved her well!  Though she was a psycho some of the time, she was loved all of the time.  No repair man or stranger dare come near our, nay, her precious children with her around.  Guess we'd better start locking our doors.  R.I.P. Molly!

This was the eulogy Duane posted on his Facebook page, I thought it was funny.  But, although I said I didn't want another dog, locking the door was not enough for Duane.  Molly was a great deterrent, and he didn't feel quite as comfortable with us home alone, especially while he was working downtown being reminded how close we live to very, very bad people.  We live 15 minutes away from the #2 most violent city in the U.S.  It was knocked out of the #1 position 2 yrs ago by Detroit I believe, not much comfort for him I guess.  Plus, we have a friend who works for Social Services, and we know where bad people live in what we percieved as a very safe neighborhood, just a little too close for comfort. 

So, after searching for a few weeks, we found JJ, now George (JJ was a little too close to DJ,  I couldn't keep it straight).  He is a really cool dog, and exactly what we ordered!  And a little funny.  Notice his big giant bed in the picture below, and how instead he squished his butt into Toby's.  Plus, he is already two.  Not a gross, messy puppy.  Yes, they are cute, but I do enough poop with all my babies, the last thing I need is a puppy with no manners.  Big dogs lay where they're supposed to.  If only I could get my kids so well behaved!  Imagine how clean my house would stay!  On your bed or outside!  Actually, he does have a very bad habit of coming into the kitchen, but only because it is where the hub of all the activity is and he wants to be really close, so he runs in and flops down real fast before we can kick him out, and I have to admit we step over him without even noticing half the time, and he sleeps through it all; us stepping on him, tripping over him (our kitchen just isn't big enough for him), and he is just happy to be where we are he doesn't even notice or care. We still miss Molly, we had her nine yrs, but Olivia still says thank you every night in her prayers that Jesus is taking care of her for us.  It's cute. And we really love George.  And as an extra bonus, he doesn't try to eat other peoples dogs, so we can actually take the dogs places with us.  He is so good the kids can even walk him.  He has a little too much excitement when he sees another dog, and makes this horrendous, embarrasing noise, but once I get him to relax a little more, I would like to get him  therapy licensed.  He's that good.  So, say hello to George!  You'll like him, we promise!

0 comments: