I know, I know, DJ had a birthday first! However, HIS baby pics are not easily accessible, so he is next, and you get Spence pics. As you can see from the following pics, Spencer was born with an instant fan club full of adoring fans.I just want to say how very brave it was of me to put this just-after-labor pic of me up here, not so pretty of either of us, I know, but see the adoration?
But this one is the best...
He than learned how to speak. It was the ONLY word he spoke for a very long time. In fact, Kelly tried to convince me that he was so slow in the speech department that he would qualify for free pre-school. But I knew the truth, he COULD speak, but there was no other word that was just as fun as "NO". He would point and grunt, and when I asked if he could say please, he would think for a brief moment (How thirsty am I REALLY?), and than say no and walk away. He happens to think that story very funny. See how cute he is? This is Spence at 6 mo. He was just learning how to be trouble and loving every minute of it.
This is Spence at 12 mo. I think he is SO cute. I was SO glad when he started to crawl (at 11 mo) and than walk (at 11 mo), because than he quit crying. It was kind of a joke that the poor baby never got any Tylenol for teething because I just couldn't tell if he was teething or just being his sweet usual self (he cried ALL the time!). But by the time he started walking he wanted to walk everywhere, and he had this walk that made people stop and watch him before saying, "That is a little one who thinks he rule the world!" It's true. He still thinks that.
This is Spence at 2. My favorite thing about Spencer happens to be his favorite thing about ME. He told me that his favorite thing about me was that I could have babies. Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever heard? He loves babies, always has. When he was 2 he would ask to hold my friends babies and than just sit, and my friends were always amazed that he would hold a baby for so long. When I was pregnant with Liv at some point he grasped the fact that there was a baby in my tummy and started asking when "his" baby was coming out. When I finally had her he kept telling Duane they had to go get "his" baby from the hospital. He called her his for years. Until she learned to talk. He is still great with babies, and one time a few months ago Katie was up at night screaming. After about an hour I HAD to use the bathroom, so I put her in her crib. She screamed for about 2 seconds and quit, and I thought "I really should have done that an hour ago!" So I peeked in the bedroom just to check if she needed to be covered up, and Spencer was walking the floor with her, uncomplaining that he was woken up, just trying to make her happy. He loves having her in his room, and he is so good with her!
This is where it stops for awhile. I have thousands of pics, and it was really hard to find the right ones. I will be posting them more often from now on.


0 comments:
Post a Comment