Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our Favorite Child, Emily

Ok, so it has been a long while since we posted, and than it took even longer to get back online than we thought. I actually have posts that I tried to do previously, but our internet service was just horrible. So, now that we're up, I have some catching up to do! We had 3 birthdays the last few weeks. Mostly uneventful. But the first is Emily, so I dug up some old photos. It took awhile. I now realize that despite the fact I am missing the entire year of 2006 and the first 1/2 of 2007 (I lost thousands, and close to the entire first half of Olivia's life, grrrrr!), I have thousands of photos that are so cute, I will just be posting them because I love them, and it's my blog, so you'll have to bear with all my motherly gooing about how cute they were. But for the moment, I am sticking with Emily. The first 3 pics I scanned in, so they aren't all that great, but they are Emily just a few hours old, Emily at 6 months, and Emily showing you she is now one year. I actually have the cutest 1-yr-old portrait of her, but I'm too lazy to dig it out. She was really a very easy baby until she was about 10 mo old, and than her personality came out. I was laughing at the pics I have of her and Alex fighting at such an early age. But she was always very sweet, and pretty, and funny. Every time someone comments on one of her goofy pics about how much she will hate it as a teenager has not met her father, two peas in a pod.
Emily, just getting ready to leave the hospital, was staring at her father in this picture. One can just imagine what is going through her mind at this point and time. Some may say she is looking at angels, or perhaps Jesus is whispering in her ear. Her eyes give it away. "Oh CRAP! What did I get myself into?" Or something like that would be our guess.


Emily has always been an enlightened child. It's almost like she can see into the future. Like here she's seeing the fun she is going to have making our lives a living nightmare when she becomes a teenager. "Holy CRAP! What did we get ourselves into?"

What? A whole year has gone by already! Emily is either telling us how old she is, or is calling her dad a loser, dyslexic style.

Our kids take their sweet time growing their hair. Even though she only has about as much hair as most 6month old children we've seen she is actually two in this picture. She has that intent stare that lets you know you've got her undivided attention. Either that or she has gas!
Emily at 2 above and 3 below.



Princess Emily! You don't know the half of it. One day, around this time, Duane was yelling at Emily to get her attention. He kept calling her name but she was in her own little world and just didn't hear him. He finally yelled "Princess" and Emily turned to him like that was the first time he had spoken. He was only five feet away!
Emily is 3 again in the pic above, and it is a little blurry but I love it anyhow. The one below she is 4, she could be modeling for kids Eddie Bauer, or some other fancy magazine. Just look at those eyes! They're hypnotizing. You could get lost in there. Sometimes we think she is.


Hey it's Easter. What a haul, way to go Em'. Emily isn't very stingy. She has always been more of a giver. How about sharing some of those goodies with your dear parents?



Emily learned to whistle about the time she began losing her teef. Coincidence....maybe.

Now, the pic above is at 7, with all her gangly teeth. We lost all the 6 pictures, I'm so sad, and the one below is 8.

Emily is a great big sister. She has always been very patient with her younger siblings, well most of the time. She has her moments, but they're rare and far between. OK were rare and far between, at least she is great with the babies.
I took this pic Saturday, and I know I am biased, but I still think she has to be one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.







These pics are just to prove that Emily dances, always and unashamedly, to her own music.
I think this is the samba'.


2 comments:

Bowles said...

Hey Jill, this is Eric, I stumbled onto your blog through Evan and Jenny's. You should check out Sarah's Blog at http://www.thebowleszoo.blogspot.com

Anyway - Holy Crap Emily is beautyful! and That picture you have of DJ in the top right makes him look a lot like Mark. Hope you guys are doing well

DESOK HESS said...

Just in case you happen to check this Eric, I can't get in to your exclusive blog. I am not important enough. And thanks, Emily is beautiful!