Saturday, May 2, 2009

We love the zoo. I don't have any pics of that today, but of the some of the other cool things in Forest Park. I don't like to park in the zoo parking lot because that means we have to pay, and really it is only a short walk anyhow, so we parked up by the mueseum, and made a detour. Forest Park is stunning! And once again I have posted way too many pics, but I have so much fun! There are many more, so I thought I did really well.



Of course the kids had to climb on the very first thing they see which Emily said must not be allowed because it said no. In reality it said no. 2.





This is a picture of the lake from up above, they have a boat house where you can rent all kinds of boats to take out on the water, it is really very cool and the kids were a little disappointed that their parents were a little to cheap for that.







I wanted to take a picture of the kids up on the beautiful bridge from below, but it turns out the bridge is way bigger than it looks, and the kids couldn't actually see over the rail. I put them on top of it instead, like the good mom that I am!







We even got a picture of Duane and I, that rarely happens!



This is a pic of the art mueseum from partway down the hill....

This is picture of Olivia partway back up the hill, she was less than appreciative and kept telling me her legs hurt, and she was NOT a big strong girl, although she wouldn't let me carry her. We did, however, make it. This is a statue of Saint Louis, it is huge! This is the whole reason for the detour to the art mueseum,

the were less than impressed with the mummies.

Spencer is trying to see the toes through the slightly decayed cloth. Duane was caught diagnosing this mummy's spine, gotta love x-rays! I just thought this was a good pic, isn't he cute?The kids (and Duane) LOVED the midevil war display. I have to admit it was my favorite, too.

Afterward we had a picnic, Katie had to have her hands in everything,

which made MY picnic not so enjoyable. All the kids were supposed to be peeking out from behing a tree, but Spencer ended

up running from a bee, he loves bugs!





I just love that this is in the middle of downtown St. Louis, I had to take a picure of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a cool museaum. i love living in the country but there are some things i miss about provo. one was that there was actual culture there. museaums and such. i am sure there are some here, but they are all in portland and expensive.

Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun and St. Louis looks so green. Has the humidity hit yet? I'm pretty sure that Evan would be trying to diagnose the spine, too, even though he's a foot doctor. He thinks he knows everything. And he would have loved the midevil display, too. I can't wait until Daniel is old enough to know what's going on when we go to the zoo or to a kids' museum, etc.
Your family is so cute!!

DESOK HESS said...

The really great thing about St Louis is most of it is free, and if it is not, they have a free day to go at least once a month, sometimes once a week. We'll be able to hit the Muny soon, free every Tuesday!

The humidity hasn't hit yet, although today I did think it felt a little warmer than it should be, the humidity kinda hugs you so you feel the heat, so that is a good sign it's coming! It probably won't really hit for another month or so, unlike the pollen count. I have allergies for the first time in my life, and they have hit with a vengeance! My face is not pretty right nowone big giant squishy lump. Some days are better than others, today is not a better day!