Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Food Storage Milkshakes, for Cheri!

I got this recipe from a stake RS conference a couple weeks ago, we really like it. We have also made them with fresh strawberries instead of cocoa, but you can definately tell they were made with powdered milk, although the kids didn't notice. It could also have been the difference between cannery powdered milk and store bought, we ran out of cannery milk by the time got to the strawberries.

2 c icewater
1 1/2 c powdered milk
2/3 c sugar (we use Splenda)
1/4 c cocoa
2 tbs veggie oil (yes, veggie oil, it's an emulsifier)
3-4 c ice
Put all in blender and blend. Voila!! Tastes kinda like a Frosty!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I might have to try that when I get the cannery milk again!

DESOK HESS said...

I made them last night with the cocoa, and I didn't notice the dry milk flavor. Granted, I only had a sip since the kids were so excited for them, but it's worth trying once!

Cheri said...

THANKS JILL! I will have to try that out on my kids. Hopefully they like it as much as yours! I will let you know.