Saturday, April 25, 2009

I know I am way behind in my blogging, but I'm not sure anyone reads it anyway, so I'm not feeling TOO guilty. I've been kind of waiting for Duane to catch up on all the blogging as he is way more interesting, but he has not had time as of yet. So there have been lots of new happenings around here, but I can't say any of them are particularly noteworthy. Some are, some aren't. But I'll start with everyone's favorite around here, so the first blog is all about Katie. I would say our baby, but as you can see, she is decidedly grown up, or at least she thinks she is! She is completely mobile now and cruises all over the house. Eating is definitely a favorite pastime, and heaven forbid she nap during the day (I'm having some very bad days!).


So, if you are not interested in boring videos, I'm just warning you now, the next couple are only interesting to the parental type. We think it is cute, but than ALL parents find cute things that others wonder at.



Behold, exhibit A:


See her love Duane's food! We thought it was funny. Dinner has become a screaming fest as she wants to eat only what we're eating, and the more flavor the better. There is no fake sound track. All the sounds you hear are that of a starving baby!


You need to turn off the music inorder to hear the sounds Katie is making.

Katie loves her food, so we like to take pics, here are a couple I like:

Sour blueberry, Sour strawberry,
Give me some more!!!


We made a new recipe, food storage milkshakes,
we love them! Katie screamed until Spencer shared.


Darn it!! First brain freeze! Duane thought this
was hilarious!


Exhibit B:


Can you tell from all the giggling that she is currently everybody's favorite? They all think everything she does is the cutest! And although she is exactly 9 mo old today, she was still only 8 mo in the video, if only by a couple of days. She started crawling a week before she turned 8 mo. I think it is funny because my first 3 kids didn't move until they were about 11 mo.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

I can't believe your baby is crawling! I am hopeing that Kendall doesn't crawl anytime soon. I am enjoying that she sits in one spot! Food storage milk shakes? Where do you get those, or what is the reciepe?

happygarden said...

I can't believe how big she is! I love the pictures on your blog, it makes me think I am not missing everything!

Jenny said...

Katie is the cutest! She is all smile!
I guess Leif, Daniel and Katie are all around the same age. Daniel is a stinker and won't crawl. (I'm not really complaining.)
Daniel wants to eat our food all the time too. If I eat something w/out sharing, he gets such a sad look on his face, it could break your heart.

I love all the music on your playlist!

DESOK HESS said...

I think Katie is rather cute myself, but I have to admit Daniel is really, really cute, too. Katie and Leif are only a couple days apart I believe.

We had a lot of fun choosing songs for the playlist, I turn the blog on once-in-awhile just to listen while we're doing other things.