Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall is here!

This picture is the view down our street, isn't it pretty? We enjoy it so much because it just isn't something we're likely to see from home, so thought we would share the picture. There are usually at least two people down the street at any given time raking, we must be the only yard in the neighborhood without these big trees. I have been waiting and waiting for the fall colors to come out to take family pics, the weather is perfect at a nice 75 degrees, and Emily broke out in some kind of fantastic rash covering her entire face, and only her face! Go figure! Tomorrow it rains, and the rest of the week is cold, I have the worst luck! I did manage to run out and take advantage of our neighbors leaf pile as she was raking, so Duane got this shot of Katie, which was far more difficult than I thought it would be since the leaves apparently have a mind of there own. I have two arms holding her under all those leaves because the leaves acted like quicksand. If she moved even the tiniest little bit the leaves would swallow her whole!



OOPS! There she goes!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Hi Jill, I am jelous of all those beautifull fall colors! The pictures of Katie are too cute!

DESOK HESS said...

The colors are SO beautiful, it is definately going to be one of the things I miss when we leave here! And the warm trick-or-treating, that was nice, too.

Unknown said...

What the heck? We have those colors all over the place here in Oregon! The picture is aswome though! Ok so I talked to Karly today and I think your missionary is going to have to be a little more aggressive if he wants to get to know her. She already thinks its not going to work since its a "long distance" thing. I think its all the negativity from things not working out with other guys. Tell him to call her, I can e mail you her number.

DESOK HESS said...

Yeah, well you live in a pretty part of Oregon, we have pine trees in Washington! Yeah, email her #, he is only an hour away and he is willing to travel! Has she not even met him yet? Sheesh! He is so nice!