Friday, December 11, 2009

So, I know this should have been done months ago, and now everyone is doing there Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas posts, but not me. I'm a little behind. DJ, with a little help from Grandma, was able to join the swim team. It was great, and he loved it! Here he is before his first meet, however, sick, sick, sick! DJ has anxiety issues, which he puts right to his stomach. On the block before his first race, still sick as a dog.

But he did man up, and he got off the block!


Checking to see how much further he has to go. I should say here that he had only been swimming for a week before his first meet, and quite frankly, I wasn't entirely sure he could swim when he tried out. He wasn't either, but it was either swim or be humiliated in front of a big group of kids, so he swam! All the other kids his age were in much higher swim groups having swam for years, swim is a BIG thing here! But his friend was with him, so it worked out good. Now that he is turning 12, however, he is back to anxiety becuase he will have to swim IM's, and he has yet to do the breast or butterfly, and the length of races will double. His technique got WAY better after this first meet.Finished!
Not so bad!!!DJ's favorite race is the backstroke, above he is the boy in lane 3.Hooray! His 2nd meet, not too bad! And the next few are swim party pics, the perks of being on swim team. The kids LOVED them!! We don't actually have pictures from his later meets becuase you are required to work the meets, and I was timing or something the rest of the meets. Bummer. Next year we'll try and do better!





0 comments: